We’re here to help take the guesswork out of your bath build or remodel. Here are a few tips every homeowner should know when it comes to hiring a plumber. It can help save you time, money and even your sanity.
1) Talk to two or three different plumbing contractors about your project. Ask for their references, credentials and references — and check them before you make your final decision.
2) Make sure that your plumber has liability, as well as workman’s compensation, insurance.
3) Discuss your fixture choices with your plumber and secure recommendations before you shop around. Your plumber may be able to get an industry discount or refer you to a supplier. Also, keep in mind that experience counts. If your plumber has installed the fixture before, you should be able to avoid any possible installation problems.
4) Ask your plumber to note the model numbers of any fixtures that have been installed directly on your receipt or contract for future reference.
5) Find out if your plumber offers a service contract. Your gorgeous new bath retreat will be much more serene if you know an expert is periodically checking to make sure the plumbing is operating correctly. It’s also a good idea to ask for any preventive measures you should be taking to take care of your new bath.